This was a perfect summer evening to try out this new recipe, if you take out the fact that standing in front of the hot grill when it’s 90+ and humid isn’t ideal. WOWZA! Anyway… the version of this salad I made was adapted from this one.
8 oz. package of bacon (I used Applegate Organics brand)
2-3 breasts of chicken
1/2 cup of barbecue sauce (I used Annie’s brand)
2 cups broccoli slaw
2 nectarines or peaches
5-6 cups of mixed salad greens
- Cook bacon however you prefer to cook bacon (microwave, bacon, skillet, etc.) and set aside to cool.
- While bacon is cooking place the chicken in a bag or bowl and coat with the barbecue sauce then grill.
- While chicken is grilling remove nectarine pit and slice.
- When the chicken is nearly cooked (less than 5 minutes remaining), spray a grill basket, toss in the nectarines and grill 1-2 minutes each side.
- After chicken is cooked and slightly cooled, slice up the breasts.
- Crumble the cooled bacon.
- Create salads placing the salad mix in a bowl/s, adding broccoli slaw, then bacon, chicken and nectarines and top with the homemade dressing (see recipe below).
My Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients:
1/3 cup of olive oil
3 TBS balsamic vinegar
1 TBS dijon mustard