I made a new soup tonight for dinner: Chicken & White Bean Soup. It was pretty quick and easy to make and super healthy AND filling. I served it with corn bread muffins (Pamela’s brand – GF).
1 yellow onion, diced
1 TBS coconut oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp herbs de provence
1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1 – 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
1 – 32 oz. reduced sodium chicken broth
2 cups of shredded carrots
2 – 15 oz. cans of white beans
1 rotisserie chicken (remove all meat)
3-4 cups of baby spinach
- In a large soup pot heat coconut oil over medium heat, add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add herbs and spices, tomatoes, broth, carrots and white beans and heat over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Scoop half of the mixture into a blender, blend and pour back into pot.
- Add chicken and heat another 5-10 minutes until hot and all contents heated.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.