Tonight I made a recipe that I’ve made a few times before. The recipe originated from this one, but I’ve altered it so much it really hardly resembles that recipe at all anymore. So, here’s the recipe as I prepare it:
1 TBS olive oil
1 onion, diced
1/2 TBS of minced garlic
1 LB ground beef (or turkey)
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 24 oz. marinara sauce (without added sugar for Paleo)
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Parmesan cheese (exclude for Paleo)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the onions 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add minced garlic and ground meat and sauté until browned, stirring to crumble the meat (add salt and pepper to taste).
- While the meat is cooking spread the cauliflower florets in a large baking dish.
- Pour the meat mixture over the cauliflower.
- Cover the dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.