- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of diced roasted red pepper
- 1 cup of corn kernels (fresh or defrosted)
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 four oz can of diced green chilies
- 4 tsp of fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of finely minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: I like to add a little bit of honey too.
- Optional: Some cubed avocado is a good addition when serving.
Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and let stand for one hour for flavors to blend.
*This can be served on it’s own, over greens or chicken or as a salsa with your favorite chips.