This recipe is a great selection for the busy mid-week evening. It took no more than 30 minutes to prepare and cook combined.
*This recipe is perfect on top of Lemon Caper Spinach.
1-1.5 lbs of boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips or cubes
1 TBS of oil (preferably coconut due to high heat, olive oil second choice)
1-2 tsp minced garlic
1 pint of plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 TBS of honey
1.5 tsp of balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp of dried ground thyme (1 tsp minced fresh)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425
- Heat oil and garlic in large oven proof skillet over medium-high heat, add chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken in skillet for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is cooking combine remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour tomato mixture over chicken and transfer skillet to oven.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes are tender.