This new recipe is both gluten free and paleo. Have you tried cauliflower rice yet? I have made a lot of recipes with it. I love the volume it provides with minimal carbohydrate content and calories. This recipe yielded four 16+ ounce servings and only approximately 350 calories. BOOM! Some of my family added actual rice to the mix. This, of course, would not be paleo, but still gluten free. Your call!
16 oz mild Italian pork sausage (approximately 4 links)
8 oz or 1 red bell pepper, diced
8 ounce or one yellow onion, diced
1/2 TBS minced garlic
16 oz riced cauliflower
1-6 oz can tomato paste
2 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- Remove the sausage from casings and place in large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, crumbling the meat with spatula until no longer pink.
- Remove meat from skillet and place in large bowl leaving the excess grease behind.
- Add the diced peppers, onions and garlic to pan and stir to coat with remaining oil from sausage. Cook over medium heat until vegetables become tender.
- Add tomato paste and chicken broth and stir until paste and broth are mixed.
- Return sausage to pan
- Gradually add the spinach and stir as the leaves wilt.
Macro info: 4 servings which yields 345 calories with 18g carbs, 16g fat and 26g protein per serving.