buy you a drank lyrics We arrived home yesterday afternoon after a fun 3-day weekend in VT. The skiing conditions were far better than expected given the lack of snow fall. Gotta love those Okemo groomers! 😉 I hope you also enjoyed a long weekend and didn’t have to return to real life yesterday. Boo!
Here’s what’s cookin’ this week:
http://evalfor.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://evalfor.com/proyectos-dirigidos/ Paleo Sausage & Pepper Egg Muffins: I created a new recipe based on this one. I revised it because the husband doesn’t care for sundried tomatoes. You can enjoy these simply as a “muffin” or you can crumble them up over salad greens and top with salsa.
- 9 eggs
- 1 lb sweet italian sausage
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease/spray a 12 cup muffin tin to prevent sticking.
- Heat a medium or large skillet over medium heat, add the sausage and break up lumps of sausage with a spoon or spatula as it browns.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, add the cooked sausage, diced red peppers, salt/pepper into the eggs and combine.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way to the top and bake in the preheated oven about 15 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the muffins just begin to brown.
Italian Pork in the Slow Cooker: I’ve made this recipe before and we all enjoyed it. I’m not planning to serve it over the polenta as shown in the recipe. I’m going to have mine with spiralized zucchini noodles and I’ll have egg noodles for the rest of the family.
Salmon & Salsa Salad: The husband is out Wednesday eve and the 14yo will be home late from a track meet. No point in cooking a big dinner. Instead I’m planning a really simple salad of mixed greens, canned salmon and Green Mountain Gringo salsa. You could also wilt spinach and then heat it all up in a sauté pan for a warm version. Hmm… Maybe I’ll do that. I’ll see how I’m feeling Wednesday! 😉