This recipe is super quick and easy. I use Applegate Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage which is precooked. So you only need to grill it long enough to heat it. The only prep required is slicing some zucchini and/or summer squash, halving some cherry tomatoes and chopping up some fresh basil (which is even easier with an herb cutting scissor). This could be on your table in 15-20 minutes!
1 pkg of precooked sweet italian chicken sausages (I typically purchase Applegate brand)
1-2 TBS of olive oil
1 TBS minced garlic
1 lb zucchini and/or summer squash cut into half moon slices
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh minced basil (Do you own a multi-blade herb scissor? They are fabulous!)
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
6 oz. feta crumbles (exclude for a Paleo version)
Optional Items: You can serve this over orzo pasta (traditional or whole wheat), brown rice (or other grain) or wilted greens.
- Prepare sausages according to package in skillet or on the grill and slice into half moons.
- While the sausages are cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet, add garlic and zucchini and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add sliced sausages, tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to skillet.
- Continue to sauté until tomatoes are softened (approximately 1-2 minutes).
- Serve over your optional item of choice and top with feta.