source site Ingredients:
1 TBS olive oil
2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrots
1 TBS minced garlic
2 links of mild Italian chicken sausage
1 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1-28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1-8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 TBS dried oregano
*Options – You can serve this over pasta, greens or spaghetti squash.
- Saute onions and carrots in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes, add garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes until onions are translucent then pour into your slow cooker.
- Add sausage (removed from casings) and ground turkey to skillet and cook until browned and crumbly then add to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
Typically I would serve this with pasta for the rest of the family and either over wilted greens or spaghetti squash for myself, BUT last night I tried something different that was so good it’s worth sharing. buy provigil online south africa I served mine over mashed cauliflower. It was great! Even the husband gave it a try and approved – though he also still had the pasta mixed in too. 😉
How do you make mashed cauliflower? So easy!
1 Head of cauliflower
1 TBS olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
- Trim and cut cauliflower into florets
- Boil or microwave in a covered dish with an inch of water in the bottom until tender
- Place cauliflower in a blender, Vitamix or food processor with approximately 1/2 – 1 cup of the hot water used to cook (start with 1/2 cup and add to desired consistency)
- Add the olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper
- Blend until smooth