I made the recipe this morning, but modified it quite a bit and the result was my own new recipe for “Caramel” Nut Bars! You can use any kind of nuts or a combination of your choice. I used chopped pecans and sliced almonds. We all agreed that the coating is very similar to caramel. These will be great for a snack or lunch. They are very easy to make too. Give them a try!
go site Ingredients:
2 cups of chopped nuts (all the same or a combination of two i.e., almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc. Exclude peanuts for Paleo version.)
1/4 cup of peanut butter (almond or cashew butter for Paleo)
1/3 cup of coconut oil
1 cup of craisins or raisins
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 tsp of salt
- Combine honey, oil, salt and peanut butter in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Remove from heat and pour over nut/fruit mixture and stir until coated.
- Spoon mixture into a 8×8 foil lined baking pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes.
- Cool on counter, then http://stevestine.com/kids-rock-guitar/ continue to cool in refrigerator.
- Pull up on the foil to remove square from the baking pan, place on cutting board, cut into squares and remove foil.
Recipe adapted from Warren Wellness “Blonde Nut Bars”.