Looking for a new recipe for your summer squash? Here is a good one I made that was adapted from a recipe I found on EatingWell.com. I made a bunch of changes that I have noted below.
- 6 cups of summer squash, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can of black beans
- 2/3 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped mild green chilies
- 1 jar of mild salsa (I used Green Mountain Gringo brand)
- 1 cups grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
can i buy gabapentin online Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine squash with flour; toss to coat. Spread the mixture in the prepared baking pan.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and ground turkey to sauté pan and cook until turkey is no longer pink and onions are translucent.
- Add the chilies and black beans to sauté pan and cook for an additional minute.
- Add meat and bean mixture to baking dish.
- Top with salsa, then the cheese and cover dish with foil.
- Bake the casserole until it is bubbling and the squash is tender, approximately 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake, uncovered for additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.