A healthy, hearty soup to warm your body in the winter months.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, remove meat and cube or shred
- 1-32 oz. container low sodium chicken stock
- 1-32 oz. container low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups of chopped or baby kale
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, peeled and diced
- 2 TBS of minced garlic
- 1 TBS herbs de provence
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in soup pot over medium heat, add onion, carrots and celery and sauté until onions become translucent.
- Add garlic and herbs, stir to coat the vegetables.
- Add the two containers of stock and sweet potatoes and cook over medium to low heat until sweet potatoes are tender but not mushy (approximately 10 minutes).
- Scoop 2-3 cups of soup out of pot and pour into blender or food processor, blend and pour back into the soup pot.
- Add chicken and heat for another 3-5 minutes until chicken is heated.
- Turn off heat, stir in kale and let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.