This is a recipe I adapted from Cooking Light magazine. This is a great summer salad you can serve as a meal.
go here Ingredients:
- 12 ounces small baby potatoes, halved
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pint halved grape tomatoes
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil (The original recipe called for cilantro, but I think it’s better with basil.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
OPTIONAL: You can add 1 can of rinsed white beans and/or 2-3 breasts of grilled chicken. I added both and it was great!
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 TBS of oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add halved potatoes to the pan and sauté 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes begin to brown. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 TBS of olive oil, swirl to coat pan, then add the corn, tomatoes and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and potatoes (and white beans if you are including them) to pan; cook 1 minute.
- Transfer items from pan to a large bowl and add the basil, salt and pepper (and the chicken if you are including it).
http://liberationiraq.com/faq/ KID VARIATION OPTION: I kept out some potatoes, grilled chicken and tomatoes before mixing it all together. My girls would complain if I served up this salad on their plates all mixed together, but they were happy with the potatoes, chicken and tomatoes served separately.